Hello all 1,713 NYC Buffalo Bills/Sabres fans!
The second annual celebration of Buffalo culture in NYC’s Times Square is fast approaching. A big thanks to the overwhelming amount of you who responded to our last email and donated items to the PUSH Buffalo Fundraising Event including raffle prizes and food! Several of you reached out and we are extremely grateful. Don’t forget that all proceeds will go to rebuilding homes on the west side of Buffalo.
In addition, the event could really use some volunteers such as people to sell raffle tickets, help out with the DJs, help with setup and/or takedown, and even pick items up from various locations around the city. If you can lend any assistance, whether its for the whole event or even for an hour or two, please email me.
The event is THIS Saturday, July 26th at 8pm located at 330 West 42nd Street! Remember, tickets are $25 which includes food, entertainment, and an amazing venue/view. There’s a cash bar with low priced drinks which all proceeds go to charity. Here are eight reasons you should come out to the party:
1. The Food: La Nova pizza, Sahlen’s dogs, Perry’s Ice Cream, Ciao Bella desserts and a heaping pile of wings from McFadden’s, Buffalo’s home away from home. We’ll also have a variety of Buffalo cold cuts, supplied by WNY Meats.
2. The Music: Put simply, they’ve got some of the best DJ’s on earth, no exaggeration. Rabbi Darkside is fresh from his MTV debut on “Made”; DJ Capps’ Moving In Stereo was deemed “sublime” by The New York Times and named one of SPIN magazine’s 40 Best Albums of 2005; and DJs LoPro and I & T represent the deeply soulful and jazzified sound that has come to define the Buffalo school.
3. The People: Buffalo lovers from all walks of life, young and old, city dwellers and folks from the Southtowns and Niagara County, coming together to celebrate and support their city.
4. The Drink: Labatts and Flying Bison. Where else are you gonna find it in NYC?
5. The Prizes: Bills-Jets tickets in NYC with a parking pass; New Era authentic MLB baseball gear; a dress from Buffalo-born international designer Mara Hoffman; VH1 items, gift certificates from some of Buffalo’s finest restaurants and many more.
6. The Views: A spectacular setting from OVER 300 FEET above Times Square, thanks to SEIU 1199.
7. Rebuilding Buffalo!: Support PUSH’s mission of saving our historic neighborhoods and rebuilding the city one house at a time.
8. A Rare Chance to Help: C’mon, how often do you get to help Buffalo AND have fun?
For more details, visit www.pushbuffalo.org, otherwise, I’ll see you there!
Go Bills, Go Sabres!
Matt “Ready for a good time this Saturday” Kabel