Hello all 2,200+ NYC Bills Fans!
I apologize for not emailing last week, I was actually running around in Western New York and attended both the Sabres and Jets games. I’m currently enjoying a good snowfall with friends down at a cabin in Cattaraugus an hour south of Buffalo as I write this.
It’s officially PLAYOFF WEEK! The Bills will head down to Houston to take on the Texans this Saturday at 4:15pm, and it’s going to be a wild one! Being a playoff game, we’re going to make some changes to ensure we can get everybody into Public House to enjoy the game with your fellow NYC Buffalo Bills Backers. To be clear, these changes were requested by us (your NYCBBB staff) and not by the bar as we want to make sure we can create a fun experience for as many Bills fans as possible. Seeing a lot of fans not able to get in for the Patriots game sucked, so want to avoid that.
For the Jets game at New Era Field, the entire stadium stood for the whole (meaningless monsoon) game. When I asked the folks in our section about that, they said they’d been standing for every Bills game this season. During our last (and only) playoff game at McFadden’s two years ago, we jokingly deemed it “a standing game!” and we all stood for it. This is a YUGE game!
That said, this week at Public House we’re going to make some changes (and simplify things) to accommodate the big crowds and improve service so everybody can enjoy the game together and folks don’t get stuck outside:
- There will be a MANDATORY $55 special purchase upon entry, which includes open bar and unlimited wings. This will simplify things and allow for faster service. Kids will be free, and we’ll do our best to accommodate those families with youngsters in the back room where they can sit. If you’re planning on attending with young kids, I’d call Public House in advance and discuss with them.
- All movable seats/stools/tables in the restaurant will be removed, which will become standing room only. Booths will still be seated as always with wait staff serving and are already sold out!
- Public House will staff up and additional satellite bars (serving both beer and popular spirits) and wing buffet stations will be added throughout venue to accommodate everyone in addition to the main bar.
- The Sabres game has been moved to 1pm before the Bills play, and WILL be televised at Public House with the usual $4 Blue/Molson pint specials. #onebuffalo
- Starting at 3:15pm, everyone in the bar MUST purchase a wristband for the specials or will be asked to leave. So if you’re planning on getting there early to get a prime spot, as I know many will, we just want you to be aware.
We’ll send another email out at the end of the week, but we and the bar are both getting a lot of questions so wanted to address them as soon as possible.
Enjoy your New Year’s Eve tonight, be safe and then be ready to watch the first NFL game of 2020 – Our Buffalo Bills in the NFL Playoffs!!!
Matt “Talkin’ Proud and fired up for Saturday!!” Kabel