Hello all 1,609 NYC Bills Fans!
For those of you living under a rock, the Bills traded Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens yesterday afternoon. In return, the Bills received a 3rd and 7th round pick in April’s draft, and another 3rd rounder in next year’s draft. Heck, that’s a lot more than I thought we’d get for him.
Three things about Willis:
1) Rumor has it he didn’t learn the playbook last year. Instead of spending the off-season working out with the team, he was in Miami with his “U” cronies. Apparently, he also spends his time fathering children down there.
2) The guy didn’t play with any heart unless he was challenged.
3) “The Bills should be moved to Toronto”
4) He was gone after next year, having his attitude would have been a cancer for the young guys on this team
5) In an interview today he blamed his entire lack of production on poor “wide receivers, offensive line, and quarterback.” Sure Willis, it had nothing to do with you. Great players make everybody else around them great. Especially those who consider themselves to be the best back in the league.
I for one am happy Willis is gone, he never lived up to his potential and never liked Buffalo. Plus, do you really think a guy like Marv Levy would just trade a player away without REALLY good reasoning?
Obviously, the Bills have a huge hole to fill at running back now. Methinks they resign Anthony Thomas and draft a running back in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds. They have to go defense in the first round, hopefully linebacker or defensive tackle.
Keep in mind, the 2 teams in the Super Bowl had 2 solid running backs, not a single elite one.
Check out www.BillsDaily.com and BuffaloBills.com for the latest news.
— Matt “talkin’ proud even though Willis wasn’t” Kabel