Hello all 2,200+ NYC Bills fans!
I hope this email finds everyone safe and healthy. There’s a lot I want to say, but I have some important news to share and want to make sure I don’t overburden this email. Let’s just say I am so fired up for this season and to have a bit of normalcy return in these crazy times we’re in. I’ll write more next week, so onto the big stuff…
If you’re not aware, Public House temporarily shut their doors back in March with many other Manhattan restaurants and has remained closed until now. I even walked by it this week and was sad to see it boarded up. All offseason I’ve kept an open dialogue with the team there, and am excited to share that the restaurant WILL reopen next week and show Buffalo Bills games this season! Below are the details on how we will make that happen, however I feel very strongly that context needs to be added and I ask you to read the next few paragraphs and take them to heart.
Public House is only reopening for Buffalo Bills and Notre Dame football games. They are also going to try opening 1-2 other days in hopes they can attract some business. Anybody who has been there knows they are located in a heavily commercial district, which unfortunately is pretty desolate nowadays. They are taking on all of the risk, and are putting a not-so-insignificant financial investment behind it to make this happen. Why? Because they love us Bills fans and like us, they want to have some normalcy back and get some people back to work. For any of you who attended a game there last year, you know as well as I do that the bar is the perfect long-term location for our group. They are as excited as we are for this.
That said, they’ve currently secured city approval for 80-100 outdoor seating slots. They’re erecting a huge patio that will allow for social distance seating, including outdoor TVs. They are hiring security to ensure all social distancing guidelines are met, and to handle any other crowd control outside. They are adamant about following all NYS laws, guidelines and safety regulations, which we 100% approve of.
Public House cannot legally offer all-you-can-drink specials in the current climate. Therefore, the bar will be offering beer/cocktail specials and will have a football food menu. Due to the investment they are putting in, every seat will require a minimum $65 spend (+ tax/tip) per person. I know that will rankle some out there used to our previous specials, and trust me when I say I get it knowing these are tough times for many. However, I also know the bar is assuming all the risk in this, is putting people back to work and we are helping out a small business, in turn giving us fans a chance to watch what should be a damn good football team this season together on our local turf. I’m yielding to them on this one, they’ve had a tough year and I want to see this work out for everyone involved.
As for how reservations will be handled:
- There is a minimum $65/person spending requirement per person (plus tip)
- There is a minimum of 4 people per table, and a max of 10 (per NYS law)
- Registrations will open up the Monday PRIOR to each game starting at 11:00AM (EST)
- **THAT MEANS THIS MONDAY, LABOR DAY, FOR THE OPENER!
- All reservations inquiries must be made through email via BuffaloBillsPHNYC@table95.com, after which you will receive an automated confirmation email that it’s been received
- Reservations will be taken on first come, first served basis. A member of the Public House staff will reach out if you’re one of the first on the list.
- You will be sent a credit card authorization form that you must complete and return along with all guest details (please complete and send in ASAP) in order to secure your table
- After sending in the form you will receive an email confirming your reservation with further instructions for gameday
- There is a $10/head (plus tax) cancelation fee if done within 48 hours of the game
- This will ensure the bar has 2 days mimimum to fill your spot
- ALL guests must be 21+ over
- ALL social distancing guidelines will be enforced by security and PH staff
- Facemasks must be worn when entering/leaving the patio
- Fans must remain seated during the duration of the game
- Facemasks must be worn when entering/leaving and while in the restaurant while using restrooms
As with everything nowadays, things can change in a minute’s notice. We will do our best to keep you updated, and we have no idea what city/state regulations will be implemented or changed in the coming weeks. There’s always the chance of games being cancelled or rescheduled. I ask that everyone be patient and work with us this season to make this as enjoyable as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.
For those planning to RSVP on Monday, may the odds be ever in your favor!
Be safe, and GO BILLS!!!
Matt “talkin’ proud and can’t believe I’m gonna be back at Public House next week” Kabel